Thursday, February 28, 2008

"My Day", by Corbin Jonathan

Waaaah! I hope mom can hear me. It's ten 'til eight and I am ready to get up.
Photobucket
Oh, hi mommy. You say this isn't the position you left me in? Yeah, well, I tend to squirm a lot, remember? What are you doing with that camera? Do you realize it isn't in focus? I realize you haven't had your coffee yet- I forgive you.
Photobucket
Ah! The first bottle of the day! This one tastes like beef stirfry over rice. Good stuff. Now it's time to get changed into something new. I hardly ever wear an outift twice. A guy's gotta look fashionable, you know.
Photobucket
Hmm, kind of a girly choice, mom. But I won't complain. It's storytime anyway, and it looks like you chose some good books. I will be sure to add my own commentary as we go along.
Photobucket
Time for hand-play. Look at this crazy rattle. I only want to bat at it if I am sitting up, though. I'm fussy that way.
Photobucket
Ugh. Tummy time. I've been doing this tummy time thing since I was 2 weeks old. Isn't that enough practice? At least you figured out that I won't fuss as much if I have a pillow under me. Soon after you took this photo, I made a few kicks forward and almost took a nosedive into the carpet. Thank goodness you were watching me, mommy!
You say I have to take a nap now? I've only been up a couple of hours!!! And you're going to try to put me in my crib for a nap? I won't have it. I swear I won't. I'm 3 months old, after all, and well aware of my surroundings. I don't like change.
Photobucket
See? I told you I don't like change. After an hour of trying, mommy decided to give in to my demand that I nap in my swing. Out like a light.
Three hours later, I am up from napping, and I am hungry. Mommy sees that I like to bite the bottle nipple really hard. She says she's glad she pumps now, whatever that means. She decides I need something to chew on.
Photobucket
Mmmm, football! Yes, you have to hold it for me, mom. I can't hold it myself, yet.
Mommy decided she wants to do some light housework. But I am awake. What should she do?
Photobucket
(Sigh). Mom, you are such a goober. At least I really don't mind being carried around the house in this thing. I guess it's cool to look at things from this angle.
Hmm, naptime again. I better go right to the swing this time. Let me call on BlueBear to help me out.
Photobucket
I heard daddy come home an hour later, so I thought I would be clever and wake up during suppertime. Daddy is happy to see me, and puts me in my bouncer so I can see what's going on.
Photobucket
After dinner, I get in my pajamas. They are getting a little snug. Looks like the last time I will wear these. Daddy and I have an animated conversation about what I want to be when I grow up. I definitely said no to a lot of career choices he threw out, but I really liked the idea of being a boat/ship captain. When daddy teased me and said he wouldn't pay for college then, I pouted. Then he said he would, and I laughed with glee. Mommy and daddy laughed at this.
Photobucket
Well, it's been a busy day. I guess it's time for bed.
Photobucket
I had a very busy day. Good night.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Hey said...

This was so cute! Alexander tolerates tummy-time much better on the Boppy too. Corbin is so handsome! He's growing big, fast.