Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Lake Vacation Part 1, as told by Corbin

We got to the lake on Saturday morning just in time for mommy & daddy to enjoy some cinnamon rolls and other baked breakfast treats. I, of course, did not get to participate in this. So, they tried to think of other means to entertain me.
Here I am trying to take in the scenery. All of a sudden, these round floating things came hurling at me. They all thought it was cute or something- I was just trying to figure it out.
Photobucket
Later that night, I got a bath in the utility sink. *ahem* A little privacy, please!
Photobucket
On Sunday, we celebrated Aunt Jeni's birthday. It was kind of a rainy day, so we didn't go outside much. Then on Monday morning, I woke up bursting with energy. When Mommy was trying to give me my bottle, I saw my activity table out of the corner of my eye. Well, once I see it, forget about doing anything else! So, I stood at it all by myself for a good 30 minutes. Then I also showed Mom how I can cruise around it.
Photobucket
Then I had some solids. Prunes get a bad rap- I like 'em! I like them so much I thought I would impress Mommy by showing her how I can feed them to myself. Sort of.
Photobucket
Daddy got the kite out later that day, and I sat & watched the entertainment from Ethan's exersaucer.
Photobucket
Xander surveys the situation. Do you like his new 'do?
Photobucket
It worked! He got it up pretty high! Can you see it?
Photobucket
I don't believe it!
Photobucket
Mommy took some pictures of me when I wasn't looking.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Tuesday, we turned the yard into an amusement park
Photobucket
Then, I went for my first swim in the kiddie pool
Photobucket
Come to me, all ye toys!
Photobucket
Wasn't expecting that!
Photobucket
Hey, I didn't say you could bring out the floaty things again!
Photobucket
I guess they aren't that bad.
Photobucket
Today I got to go in the pool again! I am so cool!
Photobucket
I smiled some for the camera. This lady takes a lot of pictures!
Photobucket
Daddy told Mommy to get in the pool. Silly lady, she doesn't fit in here!
Photobucket
In the afternoon, I got to go on a float-boat ride! I wasn't too sure at first!
Photobucket
Daddy gave me a ride up front. My romper says "My Boat". Daddy and I think it's girly, but Mommy often gets her way in the wardrobe department.
Photobucket
Look at me- I'm driving!
Photobucket
I'm the king of the world!
Photobucket
...and that has been my vacation so far! Check back in a few days for a new update of my adventures. And just for kicks, here is a bonus pic of my doggy, whose ears were flopping in the wind on the boat:
Photobucket

No comments: