Sunday, October 12, 2008

Apple Picking

Photobucket

Today we went to the orchard & picked Suncrisps and Melrose apples. I can't wait to make some apple crisps and apple pie!

Photobucket
My arm looks a litle huge in this photo, but my light colored backpack got washed out, so it sort of blends into my arm! lol. It was too bright outside, so it was hard to get a good shot of us.

Photobucket

They had a huge tent set up where we bought blackberry cider, peach cider, pumpkin butter, peach butter, peach salsa, & peach bread all made at the farm. Here are some of the cute decorations.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We watched them make fresh popcorn in the large kettles & ordered our "lunch", which was cinnamon-crusted cashews and a funnel cake

Photobucket

Photobucket

A few choice pumpkins

Photobucket

We had a good time. We were supposed to meet up with 3 other families, but it was so incredibly crowded that we only found one of them. We had never been, so we had no idea what a big deal/destination place it was. Next time, I will take phone numbers with me. Oops.

I can't wait to go during the late summer next year, when they harvest their peaches. Fresh peach pie- yum!

No comments: